It just makes sense!
In my profession, all PMP and CAPM training businesses are supposed to adhere to the ethics of our accrediting body, the Project Management Institute (PMI). This includes honesty, fairness, and providing quality services. Unfortunately, many training providers do not live by these ethics as they should. I hear this a lot concerning national and international training firms that operate across the country in major metro areas. THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT ALL ARE BAD. Very important you do not get that from me. But a few bad apples are major players in the training industry. Where if you pay them, you suddenly cannot get them to answer the phone and training gets cancelled or your class date gets moved arbitrarily. Below are six main reasons to consider a local provider.
1. Many national or international training providers are scams or unresponsive once you pay. This is not the case with a company in your community. Simply ask your friends if they took a prep course and ask about their responsiveness. This is vital to ensuring that your hard earned money is being spent on a firm that respects their clientele.
2. A local provider such as PMCertDC will let you retake the course, at no additional cost as many times as necessary. Because they are local, they are continuously training in the area. If you do not feel you are ready, local companies such as PMCertDC will allow you to retake the course if you do not feel ready to sit for the examination.
3. Local providers have lower training fees. Local providers have lower overhead and better prices while offering awesome service and course materials. They, like all other reputable training companies offer a suite of post-course online study access to include real world exam simulators. Additionally, many are available to help you when you are stuck on a particular topic so you pass it when it comes time to take the exam.
4. Buying local supports your community by reinvesting in your local economy. Training companies that are local know the culture and intricacies of the local population and what training style suits them best. By supporting your local business, you are creating jobs in your local area.
5. Local providers often have one instructor teaching every class. For example, at PMCertDC, all PMP and CAPM classes are taught by one of the owners himself. For non project management courses, we hire only the best and most dynamic instructors that are personally vetted by the owners.
6. Corporate or government clients can depend on local providers to deliver training on time, under budget, at excellent standards. Because we are local to DC, it is a drive. No logistics of flying in, hotels, etc. Additionally, PMCertDC is registered in SAM as a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
PMCertDC is a proud service-disabled veteran-owned, woman co-owned, and 100% local business providing expert instruction and responsive customer-oriented service. This means we answer your calls after you pay, we NEVER cancel courses, and if you need help after taking our courses, we are here to assist. This includes sitting in on as many courses as necessary if you are not yet comfortable sitting for the exam- all at no extra costs.
This course will provide the 35 contact hours necessary to sit for either the CAPM or PMP exam. Additionally, you will be provided excellent course material and online study & exam simulators all included within the price.
Nathan J. Kerr, MS, PMP is the co-owner and founder of PMCertDC – Washington D.C.’s metro area premier project management boot camp provider. With our primary location in Tysons, Virginia, we hold classes throughout the Washington D.C. metro area and anywhere online.
We are a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business with a huge impact on the project management world. Visit us at https://pmcertdc.com
Read why PMCertDC is awesome here!